The 1992 M 7.1 Cape Mendocino Earthquake:
Remembered 25 Years Later
Free and Open to All
Space is Limited: Arrive early to get a seat!
- Location: Wharfinger Great Hall, Eureka
- Doors: 6:00 PM
- Music: The Mendocino triple junction (aka Steve Smith, Tracy Smith, Patrick Cleary)
- Refreshments Available
- Sponsorships Available (contact Kathy Moley)
- Additional: Educational Posters, “Tell Us Your Story,” and more fun stuff
- Troy Nicollini (National Weather Service): Emcee
- Vicki Osaki, Lori Dengler, Amanda Admire: Activity (People as Seismic Waves)
- Bob “Bomac” McPherson (Humboldt State University): Setting the Stage
- Thomas Dunklin: Geology of the 1992 Earthquake Sequence
- Video Clip of the Ross Rowley footage in Ferndale
- Danielle Orr: The Ferndale Perspective
- Linda Nellist: The Challenge of Responding
- Dr. Lori A. Dengler (Humboldt State University): A Small Tsunami makes Waves
- Dr. Jason “Jay” R. Patton (Humboldt State University): The 1992 Earthquakes and Cascadia
- Todd Becker (Humboldt County): Activity (The Humboldt County Tsunami App)
- Ryan Aylward (National Weather Service): Looking Forward, ShakeOut and Tsunami Week of October, 2018
- Dr. Peggy Hellweg (Berkeley Seismo Lab, CA Seismic Safety Commission): Earthquake Early Warning
- Mendocino triple junction performs 1992 earthquake song
- Have your Quake and Eat It Too!
- Slide Show: 6:00 PM
- Music: 6:15 PM
- Presentations Begin: 7:00 PM
- End Presentations: 9:00 PM
- Social Half Hour: 9:00 PM
- Clean Up: 9:30 PM
- Doors Close 10:00 PM
- Videos from the presentations are posted on this page.
- Bring a story to tell. We will have forms for people to use to write their story. We may also have a video camera set up to record your SHORT video (~3 minutes). Rehearse your story beforehand to ensure it fits in this short time.
- Please contact us if you have questions related to your interest in helping, volunteering, or sponsoring this event.
- Lead Organizer: Lori Dengler Lori.Dengler at humboldt.edu
- Second Lead Organizer: Kerry Sherrin kerry.sherin at fastmail.fm
- Video: Thomas B. Dunklin Tdunklin at gmail.com
- Sponsorship: Kathy Moley kathym at pacificwatershed.com
- Website and Social Media: Jason “Jay” R. Patton Jason.Patton at humboldt.edu